Thursday, April 22, 2010

New work, week of April 19

Working with a limited palette. I decided to give the stick set up a rest for a week or two. I snapped digital images of parts of magazine images I liked, and cropped/distorted some photos that I took myself. I am using these to create the basic composition, though not necessarily the color. I am learning how important it is for me to start with something that I find odd or intriguing.

I have scheduled to do more tomorrow and later in the weekend, but it depends on how much progress I make on the paper due next week. I've been reading a collection of papers in "Baroque Tendencies in Contemporary Art" (ed. Kelly A. Wacker) and "Neo-Baroque Aesthetics and Contemporary Entertainment" (A. Ndalianis). I'm interested in exploring more some of the ideas in Stella's Working Space.

From 2010 April
acrylic on paper, 22"x23"

From 2010 April
acrylic on paper, 22"x23"

From 2010 April
acrylic on paper, 22"x23"

From 2010 April
acrylic on paper, 22"x23"

From 2010 April
acrylic on paper, 22"x30"

No comments:

Post a Comment