Thursday, February 20, 2014

Folds and Patterns

I am just shy of half-way through 56 paintings for Harwood Art Center's Harvest project.

Completing so many small paintings in such a short time has challenged me on so many levels: concentration, interest, time management. How to sustain enthusiasm, quality, and interest.  Here's an image of my slowly growing wall of meditations.





In between, my thoughts drift back to patterns and folds. Last year (2013), I visited the Annie Leibovitz exhibition, Pilgrimage. I was captivated by the intimacy of the images of artifacts, clothing, instruments of the individuals she studied. In particular, her photograph of Georgia O'Keeffe's bed at her home and studio in Abiquiu

(c) Annie Leibovitz. Georgia O'Keeffe's Bed in Abiquiu.













 


I've been thinking of beds and folds and patterns. And the traces that are left and what they tell us.

Jill Christian, Bed Feb 20

No comments:

Post a Comment