Tuesday, August 3, 2010

"What you do and what you don't do."

"I try to tell students to do the things that come the most naturally, but at the same time do the very thing that you don't know how to do and that you're afraid to do. You should do two things at once: what you do and what you don't do. I think what you do instinctually proceeds from your heart. And what you don't do is what you need to learn with your head. So you need to do both." --Amy Sillman in Joe Fig's Inside the Painter's Studio, p. 197.

From 2010 August
("study", acrylic on paper, 22"x22")

1 comment:

  1. Jill just had some time to check up on you and you have been quite prolific since June. Its all looking great.

    Something is up with my blog because my server moved and I cant update until I get it fixed, but I have not done nearly as much as you, my studio is scorching and its not conducive to working in the summer, hope to get my groove this fall.

    take care
    m

    ReplyDelete