Friday, July 23, 2010

Beginning again

I don't have too much to say this week, but I want to keep up the discipline of posting.

Today was spent preparing supports -- lots of staples and gesso. I've been digesting not only the feedback from the residency, but also the feedback from my first mentor meeting with Harmony Hammond. I've been working on my residency summary paper -- I record the crits and it's amazing how painful it can be listening to yourself try to talk about your work! I don't find my efforts boring, it's just that in listening, you realize that you develop a few catch-phrases over the course of the week. Next time I would like to think of a way to make it a bit more productive.

So... starting over... thinking about how to make something more "constructivist"...




No comments:

Post a Comment