Monday, November 9, 2009

Ghost Ranch and Rio Chama Sketches

Dave and I exchanged commitments at Chimney Rock on Saturday. We had a fantastic time hiking; the rest of the time he fished and I sketched/painted.

Here are some sketches (I was inspired by a UNM grad review -- Leslie Ayers to do some quick thumbnails; loved it!).

From Sources Nov 2009 / sticks & stuff


From Sources Nov 2009 / sticks & stuff


From Sources Nov 2009 / sticks & stuff


From Sources Nov 2009 / sticks & stuff


From Sources Nov 2009 / sticks & stuff


From Sources Nov 2009 / sticks & stuff


From Sources Nov 2009 / sticks & stuff


From Sources Nov 2009 / sticks & stuff


From Sources Nov 2009 / sticks & stuff


From Sources Nov 2009 / sticks & stuff


From Sources Nov 2009 / sticks & stuff

2 comments:

  1. Jill, I L O V E these! Are you going to work from them, or have you already? They are so great to see, just on their own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet--I do plan to work from some of these -- or do more of these kind of studies. My mentor is really encouraging me to "stick with the sticks" and I think it's good advice. However, I'm definitely collecting a visual inventory; not only drawings by collage material.

    ReplyDelete