Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Movies and books this week

Dave and I rented "Revolutionary Road"(here's the NY Times movie review) over the weekend. It left us both a bit despondent. We talked a lot about the characters and the historical period the movie was set in... The beginning of the mass market and the American consumer culture. I picked up the book (Richard Yates) and started reading it last night. I thought of Heather and her big green painting with the Plasticville house.

Tonight I am playing hookie from MFA work I should be doing and watching "Inkheart" with Dave. I'll make it up tomorrow night and Friday. I *love* Cornelia Funke and we both devoured the series. I love reading kids lit... love Ursula LeGuin, C.S. Lewis, "The Little Princess," "The Secret Garden." My daughter gives me an excellent excuse to indulge in all these wonderfully nostalgic literary experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment